Who are we?
A recognized investor
Qualium is an asset management company approved by the French financial markets authority AMF which was historically created in 1998 by Caisse des Dépôts (CDC).
The management company’s capital, of which CDC holds 30%, is controlled by the investment team. Qualium is fully independent in its investment decisions.
The funds invested by Qualium come from around 50 institutional and private subscribers, including CDC.
At the heart of the mid-market
Qualium supports French SMEs that are leaders in their sector, with strong growth potential, helping firms that are seeking to change their shareholding structure, particularly through growth capital or buyout financing
Qualium benefits from a wide access to the market via managers, advisors, lenders and intermediaries that its teams deal with on a daily basis.
Qualium is an agile player, able to support French mid-cap companies across all sectors of activity, both as a majority or minority shareholder and always as management’s main partner. Qualium invests in companies with strong growth potential:
- Entrepreneurs and/or founders in a new phase of growth or structuring of their company and helping them scale up;
- Consolidation platforms via buy-and-build strategies;
- Companies with unique expertise, protected by high barriers and/or located in niche markets, wishing to expand globally.
- A clear investment strategy based on listening to managers who are passionate about their projects, as well as a professional investment process based on a detailed analysis of the sectors and performance of the companies in which we invest;
- An active and long-term commitment to supporting entrepreneurs – according to the company’s development cycle – to ensure the sustainability and accelerated growth of the companies we support;
- Demonstrated know-how in tailor-made solutions, buy-and-build strategies, international development and/or new business expertise as well as support for innovation;
- Adhering to a common strategic vision with the managers and teams and implementing a relationship of trust with the entrepreneurs, an essential guarantee of the success of the projects.
A sustainable approach
- Qualium integrates CSR issues into its investment policy and its support for companies.
- Qualium has been a signatory of PRI since 2010, of the France Invest Charter and Parity Charter and the international Climate initiative (iCi).
- Qualium has adopted a Responsible Investor Charter which is regularly reviewed.
- Qualium provides concrete support to managrs in their sustainable development strategy, in particular through the implementation and regular monitoring of an improvement plan for key factors identified by an external firm in conjunction with management teams.
A few milestones
A trusted partner
- An institutional anchor;
- Solid track record in supporting SMEs and mid-tier companies in their transition, transformation and growth;
- A relationship of trust and partnership with business leaders, enabled by an alignment of interests;
- Methodological processes focused on analysis and sharing of diagnoses with management teams;
- Concrete implementation of a strategy to improve long-lasting ESG measures;
- A history of consistent performance, making Qualium one of the best funds in its category;
- A network of partners in France and abroad mobilised for the management company and for the entrepreneurs we support.